Students should pay particular attention to fulfilling both the degree requirements and the recommendations of medical schools. These requirements are described more fully at the Pre-health Studies website. The pre-med curriculum typically consists of:
- One year of Biology with laboratory (usually BIOL-103/113 and -104/114
- One year of General Chemistry with laboratory (CHEM-001/009 and -002/010)
- One year of Organic Chemistry with laboratory (CHEM-115/117 and -116/118)
- One year of Mathematics (MATH-035 and MATH-036 or -040)
- One year of Physics with laboratory (PHYS-041 or -101, -042 or -102)
Please note that these requirements are changing and many medical schools now look for applicants who have also taken Biochemistry, Psychology, and Writing.